The history of a 4th generation shipping company
Our shipping business was founded in 1907 by Johan Peterson and his brothers. Until 1921 they were engaged in the fishing industry, after which shipping of general cargo took over and in 1944 our first vessel, able to carry liquid bulk cargoes, left the port of Gothenburg. Johan’s son Joel took over the business in 1935 and in 1968 he handed it over to his sons Jan and Lennart. Lennart stepped aside in 1994 and Jan ran the company by himself until 2002, when he handed it over to his sons Gunnar, Bertil, Magnus and Mattias.